Monday, November 19, 2012

Hoilday sillies coming out.

I can hardly believe we are mere days away from Thanksgiving. Everybody says this all the time, but seriously.... where did the year go. So much has happened this year and while I was going through all those "happenings" I was wishing for the year to end. But looking back now, it all went by really quick.

So now that we have resolved ourselves to the fact that the big "C" (insert the letter for your winter holiday here) is among us, let's get down to business. What do I get for the fiber enthusiasts in my life? Well, I'm sort of on a budget. I say sorta because I am frugal (I am actually very cheap... I've been cheap before being cheap was cool) and I don't want to get a bunch of junk to fill a quota. For me, I want the gift to mean something, and to some extent regardless of price. Call me crazy, but to me it's about the quality rather than the quantity. Yes, I am that parent that give my kid a handful of gifts instead of buying out Toys R Us for a bunch of crap my kid won't be able find a week after christmas. 

Side note: I was petitioning for my family to cancel Christmas this year. I started the propaganda way back in June (yes! I was thinking about Christmas and how to get out of it way back then), but no taker. Can you believe that?!?!? They are so selfish! I'll show them!

Anyway, back to the point of this blog post, I am getting off track...  So, like I said, I have a few fiber enthusiasts in my life that really appreciate woolly goodness. Some of them having every known tool, and if they don't have it, I'm sure is already in their stockings. I was going through my lovely fiber and handspun stash and found some items that would work for most of my fibery gift recipients.  My handspun is very special stuff - you or any normal person might not think so, but that's OK, just don't tell me, I like to think everyone think my handspun is the bee's knees like I do (does anyone even uses the term bee's knees anymore? geez, how old am I??) - so to me, my handspun would be the ultimate gift, right? I mean, just the amount of time spent on the spinning out-price a lot of store bought items! And bonus if I am having happy thoughts and good intentions, right?! If I am wrong, don't tell me.

So I have some handspun for gifts set ready to be tagged and gifted. I also, have some extras that I will be putting up in my Etsy shop. You might not be a spinner, but appreciates handspun yarns. You can gift to your fellow fiber enthusiast or gift to yourself. There is nothing wrong giving yourself a little holiday cheers. It might be the only way to get something you really want. You buy one gift for them and one for you, one for them, one for you, etc. It's Christmas, a time for giving... to yourself.  hehe hehe I'm awful! But seriously, what do you expect when Black Friday starts on THURSDAY! 

In addition to the handspun currently in my shop, I will be listing the following also (price starting @ $24).  Now stop putting off that Holiday knitting and crocheting. Your blog reading break is over, back to those hooks and needles (crack whip).


 





No comments: