Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DayDreaming

It's a cold and rainy Wednesday morning in CT/MA and I am setting at my desk at work daydreaming. I daydream quite a bit, but lately more so, in particular today because it's a perfect day to just cuddle up in my craft room with my latest pattern design in progress and a good movie... of course a Jane Austen flick. Maybe Pride & Prejudice or Sense & Sensibility. Heck! Let's make it a movie marathon and do both.

I think the major reason I've been daydreaming so much this past week is because I will be traveling across the country to Arizona next week for work, leaving my boys (husband and son) and my fully stocked craft room. So, I am thinking about what I will bring for my trip. While I love planning for getaways, I usually have unlimited space in the car and unlimited time to craft. None of these features will be available for this trip, so I'm left to plan frugally as I will have very limited space to in my luggage and even less time to craft as I will be stuck in conferences all day and into the late evenings with NO KNITTING or CROCHETING!!! arrrgggghhhh.

So I am thinking of bring a sock project. While I am not a sock knitter, I can work on a plain vanilla sock without worrying about a pattern. I might bring one or two of my latest design ideas. One's a knit and the other is crochet... I'll have to think about that some more. There's also the concern of running out of yarn while away from my stash. But of course I will be making plans to visit a yarn shop or two that opens after 5pm. We'll see how well that works out. This trip is pretty packed, so I might have to call uncle on one of the evening's activities and get some fiber therapy. Last year when I went to Scottsdale, I had a very quick (less than 20 minutes) trip to JessicaKnits, which is a cute little shop, but they're business hours are not conducive to a visit this year, so I'll have to see what else I can find out there. I'd be interested in seeing what that side of the country carries compared to the East Coast. Hopefully with more than 20 minutes to shop!

No comments: